Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fool's Day is Here

March was a fun month! We had a lot of great pictures, however, I was teaching someone how to take pictures and many were erased. Sorry, I know that everyone is sooooo disappointed. We had the leprechaun come on the 17th, went to the zoo, had an awesome Easter egg-extravaganza at Thanksgiving point thanks to Che and Nana Gunn, had a great Easter egg hunt and dinner with Ethan and family and spent a great day with Sonya & AC. We may have had a little too much fun- I guess someone has to have fun, right? Ryan now loves to bowl and he is very good at it. He got a strike and two spares. Taking turns is another story!
We are so excited that April is here. We have regular health insurance again! The boys have been battling one infection after another so it is nice not to have to see how long we can hold off running test and seeing doctors. Ryan & Tyler both have strep (second time this year) and Davin has croup & sinus infections (third time this year). We finally took everyone in today and got some more meds. Ryan's Pneumonia is getting better and now only in his bronchial. We will be doing some sugeries this summer and hopefully things will be a little more calm. I can hope right? The MD said Ryan has dropped a significant amount of weight and is now only in the 75 percentile. I laughed because 75 sounds much better than Davin's 3rd. Of course Ryan is still above 100 percentile for head and height. We are going to be running tests for ciliary disease and cyclic neutropenia. Hopefully we will find answers so the boys can have more of a childhood and less worries of illness. We have been very blessed with answers when we need them most and medications that have worked. I am so grateful for a husband that is able and willing to bless our children. I am indebted to a Heavenly Father who is aware of our concerns and blesses us daily. I don't know if everything happens because there is a lesson we have to learn, but I do know that there is an opportunity to learn through every experience we have. Sometimes I feel like I am a slow learner!

3 comments:

Trevor Howard said...

Perhaps we should point out that the above picture was from our FHE activity Tyler came up with entitled "communication" (via silly string). And yes, that is snow in our backyard and yes, it is April - this isn't some old picture.

Melanie said...

Sounds like FUN! We miss you guys, can't wait to see you:)

Goodkids said...

I can't wait for photos of Disneyland! You guys are one amazing family. I hope I can handle my trials at least a little bit like you guys do!